The Broadside | Epstein Documents Released But Disappoint the Public

During Trump’s campaign for president he promised that he would make public the secret files on JFK’s assassination, RFK’s assassination, MLK’s assassination, and Jeffrey Epstein’s client list. After taking office, Trump ordered the declassification of JFK, RFK and MLK’s records.

On Wednesday night Pam Bondi, head of the DOJ, said that files related to Jeffrey Epstein would be released on Thursday. In fact, two tranches of documents were released, but fell short of what most of us are wanting to know: who were Epstein’s clients? In other words, we want names.

Attorney General Pam Bondi on Feb. 27 declassified and publicly released the first phase of files related to the investigation and conviction of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein after the Justice Department head found that the FBI withheld some of the documents.

Bondi released the first batch of files on Thursday in conjunction with the FBI. Epstein was convicted of sexually abusing and exploiting more than 250 underage girls in his homes in New York, Florida, and other locations. The initial batch of files contains “documents that have been previously leaked but never released in a formal capacity by the U.S. Government,” according to the Justice Department.

“This Department of Justice is following through on President Trump’s commitment to transparency and lifting the veil on the disgusting actions of Jeffrey Epstein and his co-conspirators,” Bondi said in a statement.

“The first phase of files released today sheds light on Epstein’s extensive network and begins to provide the public with long overdue accountability.”

The release contains documents that have largely been circulating in the public domain for years and did not include significant revelations about Epstein and his operations.

The batch of files includes copies of logs from the wealthy financier’s private plane, which have long been accessible in various court cases, and a photocopy of an address book with significant redactions that was seemingly complied by Epstein and his longtime associate Ghislaine Maxwell and has been reported on by the media for many years.

So you’re telling me, nothing new.

Another set of documents was released Thursday evening. These, too, revealed nothing new.

Bondi accused the FBI in New York of withholding thousands of documents and wrote a memorandum to FBI Director, Kash Patel, demanding that the documents be in her hands at 8:00 a.m. this morning.

“By 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, February 28, the FBI will deliver the full and complete Epstein files to my office, including all records, documents, audio and video recordings, and materials related to Jeffrey Epstein and his clients, regardless of how such information was obtained There will be no withholdings or limitations to my or your access,” she wrote. “The Department of Justice will ensure that any public disclosure of these files will be done in a manner to protect the privacy of victims and in accordance with law, as I have done my entire career as a prosecutor.”

We’ll see if we get the goods in the morning.

“The FBI is entering a new era—one that will be defined by integrity, accountability, and the unwavering pursuit of justice,” FBI Director Kash Patel said in a statement. “There will be no cover-ups, no missing documents, and no stone left unturned — and anyone from the prior or current Bureau who undermines this will be swiftly pursued. If there are gaps, we will find them. If records have been hidden, we will uncover them. And we will bring everything we find to the DOJ to be fully assessed and transparently disseminated to the American people as it should be. The oath we take is to the Constitution, and under my leadership, that promise will be upheld without compromise.”

It’s a new day under a new administration, but the resistance persists. I only hope that Bondi and Patel can root it out.

Have a good weekend.

The Broadside | “A dangerous and effective pick” who’s “worse” than Matt Gaetz

Sorry for the radio silence. I was traveling the first half of the week seeing Mother Broadside and got back Wednesday evening.

We’re heading into the weekend and the Thanksgiving holiday week and I wanted to welcome those of you who recently joined us here at The Broadside. Howdy!

So, the big news is that Matt Gaetz withdrew himself from consideration for the role of AG in the Trump administration yesterday. He was a controversial pick because he’s a firebrand who led the ouster of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and had been under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations of engaging in sex with a minor. No charges were brought but his reputation was smeared nonetheless.

Within a couple of hours of Gaetz’s withdrawal, Trump nominated former Florida AG Pam Bondi (it’s almost like it was planned!).

“Pam was a prosecutor for nearly 20 years, where she was very tough on Violent Criminals, and made the streets safe for Florida Families,” Trump wrote in his announcement. “Then, as Florida’s first female Attorney General, she worked to stop the trafficking of deadly drugs, and reduce the tragedy of Fentanyl Overdose Deaths, which have destroyed many families across our Country. She did such an incredible job, that I asked her to serve on our Opioid and Drug Abuse Commission during my first Term — We saved many lives!

MSNBC melts down over the pick because she’s … “competent”?

The Left thinks she’s going to do a better job than what they would’ve gotten with Gaetz—and they’re freaking out about it. Think about that.

They admit she’s competent, dangerous and effective and they should “fear” her. You know why? Because they’re not going to be able to get away with the garbage they’ve gotten away with for the last four years (and probably the last 12). She’s a hawk on immigration which means she’s not going to sue her own administration for rounding up and expelling the millions of third-world peasants and single military-aged men whom the Biden-Harris administration invited in.

By the way, speaking of open borders, guess who’s begging for protection from the Trump administration?

Why would Mayorkas, the head of DHS, need immunity from prosecution? Did he do something wrong? What’s he admitting to?

My response is “Hell, no!” He should get no promise of immunity. And when Trump is sworn in, he should put together a special prosecutor to go after Mayorkas and Harris and anyone else who effectively erased our southern border and allowed hordes of foreign invaders to illegally enter and stay in our country while robbing taxpayers to fund their presence.

Traitors, all.

Have a good weekend.